Click Here to Sign Up!
Building Healthy Triton Leaders
The Well-being Leadership Award is designed to teach students new health, wellness, and leadership skills, and promote healthy lifestyle choices. By combining healthy lifestyle skills with leadership development, we aim to help build healthy Triton leaders!
Students who complete all program requirements will receive the following as a part of their award:
- Certificate of Achievement
- UC San Diego padfolio
- Personalized letter of congratulations from the Executive Director of Student Health & Well-being
- Tips on how to make the most of this award
Who is a good candidate for the Well-being Leadership award?
All UCSD students who want to achieve a more balanced and healthy lifestyle, as well as develop desirable and marketable traits sought by employers.
Benefits of the Program
Potential benefits of the program include:
- Gain desirable and marketable skills for use in the job sector
- Earn an award worthy of mention within resumes, portfolios and job interviews
- Improve leadership and communication skills
- Learn how to best manage your health
- Meet new people and build networking skills
- Improve social interaction skills
- Learn healthy nutrition and fitness practices
- Learn about on-campus Student Health and Well-being resources
- CCR-approved! For more info about the UCSD's Co-Curricular Record, click
When can I start?
Students can start the program anytime throughout the academic year, however it is recommended to begin the program in the Fall so you have as much time as possible to attend workshops and complete all the requirements. Once you sign up you can start attending workshops as soon as possible, just make sure you are filling out the
Progress Tracker form as you go!
Participating in the Program
Students have the entire academic year to fulfill all Well-being Leadership Award requirements. To receive the award, students must attend programs related to the
8 Dimensions of Wellness and Leadership Development. All participants must complete the following requirements to receive the award:
Sign up online
a. Sign-up here!
Review the Well-being Leadership Award schedule
- Check out the schedule here!
Start Attending Programs!
Attend one program that fulfills each of the following areas (8 programs total):
- Emotional Wellness
- Environmental Wellness
- Financial Wellness
- Intellectual Wellness
- Occupational Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- Spiritual Wellness
- Social Wellness
Attend two programs that fulfill the following area:
Keep track of the programs you attend:
- Participants may attend any programs of their choosing to fulfill the areas listed above (regardless of program length, time, location, cost, etc.)
- Participants may only fulfill one area per program they attend, even though many programs can fulfill a variety of areas (ex: FitStop Fitness Assessment can fulfill either Physical Wellness or Intellectual Wellness, but not both)
Write a reflection paper after attending all required programs
Click here for more info about the Reflection Paper
Complete the Well-being Leadership Award Exit Evaluation
Click here for more info about the Exit Evaluation
Redeem your award!
- After fulfilling all requirements above, you will receive an email confirming your completion of the program and details to redeem your award.
for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.