SERVICES OFERED AT STUDENT HEALTH
Complete travel packages including:
- International Travel consultations with trained medical providers, personalized for you.
- Travel Immunization review- Setermination of current required and recommended immnizations based on your itinerary and trip activities.
- Travel vaccine certifications (required for entry by some countries)
- Prescriptions needed for prohylazis including malaria, altitude medication, typhoid, and others.
- Physical exam and clerance with form completion for specific travel programs.
- Adivce on prevention illnesses, safety concern about food, drink and recreation.
- Country specific computerized report on geography and climate, disease risks, travel advisories for political and social concerns.
- US Embassy locations, telephone and fax numbers.
CLICK HERE-- for specific information regarding EAP Travel.
CLICK HERE-- for specific information regarding GS/AB Travel.
Making an Appointment
You can schedule your appointment by calling Group I (858) 534-2918. Since many immunizations must be given a number of weeks prior to travel, we recommend scheduling your travel clinic visit at least 6-8 weeks before your departure. Call several weeks ahead to ensure appointment availability.
After you have scheduled your appointment, complete the Travel Visit questionnaire form and Health History form (if not previously done) through MyStudentChart mystudentchart.ucsd.edu/shs/. Make sure to upload or bring a copy of your vaccine.immunization records with you to your travel appointment.
CLICK HERE-- for Cost of Services, visits, and immunization fees.
View this video "Way to Go: Many Healthy Returns" by the CDC, detailing health and safety precautions for students studying abroad:
CLICK HERE-- for a list of Local Community Travel Clinics outside of Student Health.