If you are looking for EAP Travel information,
Note: Invasive Meningococcal Disease (IMD) in men who have sex with men (MSM) has been reported in several U.S. cities: Chicago, New York, Los Angeles (no cases in San Diego County as yet). Speak with your health care provider if you are at risk. More info:
Our International Travel Clinic can help you protect your health before, during and after foreign travel. Your personalized travel package for a healthy, safe trip includes:
- Travel consultation with medical professionals
- Advice on preventing illness while traveling
- Education on safety concerns about food, drink and recreational activities
Please refer to the
Cost of Services page for immunization fees.
Know Before You Go: A presentation detailing health and safety precautions for students planning to study abroad.
- Determination of current required and recommended immunizations based on your itinerary, immunization history, and planned activities during your trip
- Immunizations at reduced cost
- Official International Certificate of Vaccination
- Computerized report on:
- Geography and climate
- Disease risks and current country policies
- Travel advisories on the social and political environment in each country
- U.S. Embassy locations, telephone and fax numbers
Making an Appointment
You can schedule your appointment by calling Group I (858) 534-2918. Since many immunizations must be given well in advance of travel, we recommend scheduling your travel clinic visit at least
6-8 weeks before your departure. Call several weeks ahead to ensure appointment availability.
Remember to bring a copy of your immunization records to your appointment.
Once you schedule your appointment, complete your Travel Visit questionnaire form and Health History form (if not previously done) through the
New Patient Forms link. You will see a link for the Travel Visit questionnaire under your appointment listing. The Health History form is under "Forms" in the left column.
Some countries require an Official International Certificate of Vaccination for proof of Yellow Fever. Failure to comply can sometimes result in denial to enter a specific country. Other shots may be strongly recommended to protect your health and facilitate your travel from country to country.
Local Travel Clinics
this link to the San Diego County listing of physicians offering travel immunizations.
Disease and Vaccine Information