Regular Hours during Fall, Winter & Spring Quarters:
- Mon 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tue 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wed 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thu 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sat 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
- Closed on all University holidays
- Pharmacy will close occasionally from 12:00 -1:00 p.m. for lunch when short staffed
Quarter Breaks & Summer:
- Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. (no extended hours)
For after-hours advice, call the main phone number 858-534-3300 and select the "Advice Nurse" option.
The Student Health Pharmacy is available to all registered students. Prescriptions from SHS providers, consultants, and personal physicians may be filled at discount prices. Patients can refill existing prescriptions
Students with SHIP insurance maximize their pharmacy benefit by using the SHS Pharmacy.
How to Fill a Prescription Written by a Non-SHS Provider
Prescriptions written by a healthcare provider outside Student Health can be filled at SHS in one of these ways:
- Ask your healthcare provider to fax your prescription to us at (858) 534-0814 or call your prescription in on our physician line at (858) 822-1998.
- Drop off an original prescription to the Student Health Pharmacy located in the lobby
How to transfer an existing prescription from an outside pharmacy to the SHS pharmacy
Call us at (858) 534-2135 during business hours and give us the name and phone number of the pharmacy and the name or prescription number of the medication. Allow 24 hours to transfer medications to our pharmacy.
Note, we only bill the SHIP insurance plan, so if you have private health insurance, you would pay the retail price and then submit a claim to your insurance company for reimbursement.
When Will My Prescription be Ready for Pickup?
We will call you only if there is a problem
with refilling your prescription request. Otherwise your prescription will be filled in 24-48 hours. You will be contacted by your provider through a secure message to
your UCSD email address
if you need to be seen by your provider, or if your provider has any questions for you.
ECP is available without a prescription at the SHS Pharmacy. The cost is approximately $20.00 plus tax.
Over-the-counter items such as cough and cold remedies, first aid supplies, lotions, ointments, contraceptives, and contact lens products are for sale at reduced prices. See a list of
OTC products and prices here.
If you have questions regarding the Drug Formulary or list of covered medications, please call Optum Member Services at 844-265-1879. Optum is the UC SHIP carrier for pharmacy benefits.
As there may be some availability exceptions, please call and speak with one of our pharmacists if you have questions 858-534-2135.
If you need assistance, call us at 858-534-2135.