Vaccines that can be obtained on a walk-in basis in Nurses Clinic
- Chicken Pox (Varicella) - series of 2 injections: day 0 and 4-8 weeks later.
- Hepatitis A for travel/precaution against food- or water-borne hepatitis - series of 2 injections: day 0 and 6-12 months later.
- Hepatitis B for protection against blood/body fluid-borne hepatitis - series of 3 injections: day 0, 1-2 months, and 4-6 months.
- Hep A & B Combined (Twinrix) - series of 3 injections: day 0, 1 month and 6 months.
- HPV for protection against high-risk strains of HPV associated with cancer of the cervix - series of 3 injections: 0, 2, and 6 months.
- Influenza - yearly, seasonal.
- Meningococcal Vaccine
- Measles, Mumps; Rubella Vaccine - should be given twice since first birthday.
- Polio Vaccine - usually for travel to high risk areas.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine - one dose for smokers and people with certain chronic health conditions; one additional dose for all adults over 65 years of age.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria - initially 3 doses in childhood, then every 10 years is recommended.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap/Whooping Cough) - a one time booster is recommended for adolescents and adults.
- Varicella - two doses at least 28 days apart.
Vaccines requiring an appointment - call SHS Travel Clinic (858) 534-2918
- Japanese Encephalitis - series of 2 injections: 28 days apart (requires Travel Clinic appt)
- Meningococcal-B - series of 3 injections (only for special circumstances and requires a physician appointment)
- Rabies - series of 3 injections: day 0, day 7 and day 21 or 28 (requires Travel Clinic appt)
- Yellow Fever - booster every 10 years if in high risk areas. Must be completed at least 10 days prior to travel to risk areas. (requires Travel Clinic appt)
- Typhoid - injectable or oral (requires Travel Clinic appt)
Nurses Clinic and vaccines are free for registered students with UC SHIP. Eligible fee-for-service patients will be charged a Nurse's Clinic visit fee in addition to the cost of vaccines.
Refer to the
Cost of Services page for all pricing.
The Invisible Threat - a critically acclaimed documentary that explores the science of vaccination and why fears and misperceptions have lead parents to delay or decline vaccines.
Immunization Action Coalition - updated immunization information.