Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 8:00 - 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Thu 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
UCSHIP students pay no visit fee and the majority of vaccines and services are covered.
RAFT students pay no visit fee but will pay for vaccines & TB testing. (please confirm with your Health Insurer if you can seek reimbursement)
NON-UCSHIP students will pay Fee for Service for the visit and any associated costs of vaccines etc. See the "Cost of Services" page.
Advice Nurse Online Support- via MyStudentChart
For any health related questions please send a question to Ask-A-Nurse and we will respond or forward your query onto the appropriate department within the day Monday – Friday 8-5pm (for After Hours support please see below).
Services by Appointment Call 858-246-0477
- TB Screening will be assess by our Nursing Team, and appropriate testing ordering including:
- TB Skin Test (PPD): Please note: skin test placement is done every day except Thursdays. Skin test reading is done very weekday, no appointment needed walk-in.
- IGRA/Quantiferon: Blood test ordered and completd by the lab. Please note: Quantiferon testing is Monday-Thursday only.
- Chest X-Ray: Ordered and completed by X-Ray.
- MMR/Varicella/Meningococca/Hepatits A/Hepatits B/Polio
- Influenza & Tdap Vaccines in the Fall/Winter will be done in appointment only Flu Clinics, please see updates for dates/times/locations.
- HPV Vaccines (dose #1 in Winter quarter, not available in Fall quarter)
- Travel Vaccines MUST BE ORDERED by a Travel Nurse or Provider: Rabies/Typhoid/Yellow Fever (see below)
- Forms- required for away rotations, volunteering, etc.
- Services by Appointment- Call 858-534-3300 & choose Group 2
- Ear wax removal- Patients should be evaluated prior to removal, since sofetening of the wax should be done at home before the appointment. Read more about ear wax removal.
- Pulmonary Function tests
- Travel Nurse Appointments
- Travel Vaccines MUST BE ORDERED by a Travel Nurse or Provide: Rabis/Typhoid/Yellow Fever
- Walk-In Pregnancy testing & Pregnancy Counseling
- Outside Orders-can now go directly to the Lab
After Hours Nurse Advice Line!
We have an After Hours Nurse Advice Line available. Any time Student Health Services is closed, you can call our regular telephone number 858-534-3300 and select the option "After Hours Advice" to speak with a registered nurse who will assist you in obtaining the appropriate care.