Requesting Medical Records
Note, you have one (1) business day to revoke your written request. Thereafter, you will be responsible for all fees incurred by your request.
- No charge for records sent to outside health facilities or physicians.
- Two free copies will be issued of current lab results and/or of vaccines recently placed. A fee will be applied for additional copies of previously issued results.
- When requesting your entire medical chart or duplicate copies please refer to the fee schedule listed on the back of our "Authorization to Release" form.
- All lab results except HIV testing, are forwarded to patients by secure message via the SHS portal.
- All medical record requests ( use the Authorization to Release form). whether for personal use or sent to a third party, will be subjected to the fee schedule listed on the form.
- SHS Medical Records staff will notify you of the total amount due. Payment must be received prior to any release of records. We accept checks by mail or you may pay in person by credit card.
We maintain records of immunizations that were acquired at SHS as well as records you personally submitted to SHS. Immunization documentation submitted to UCSD Admissions for entry to UCSD is not transferred to SHS Medical Records and therefore not part of your medical record.
Current lab results are available for pick up in the Medical Records Department only after review and approval by one of our providers. A valid picture ID must be presented at time of request. If you need an explanation of the lab results, you should contact the provider who ordered the tests.
If you have a question about Medical Records, you may e-mail us at: email@example.com. This is not a secure e-mail, so please do not include any personal medical information in your e-mail.