Most medical records are available online at no cost through MyStudentChart. You can also submit a paper request in person, by mail or fax to receive paper copies.
Online Medical Records through MyStudent Chart
For currently enrolled students only
All lab results except sensitive information (i.e., STI, PAP, cultures and tissue pathology results) will be automatically released to your MyStudentChart. Sensitive results can still released to you by submitting a request.
Steps to request your medical records online:
- Log in to MyStudentChart (https://mystudentchart.ucsd.edu)
- Click on "Health" -> "Medical Records"
- Click on "Medical Records Request" and send your request to SHS
- Your records will be sent to your MyStudentChart within 3-5 business days. Retrieving records that are kept in our previous medical records system(s) or that require a provider's approval for release may take longer.
For current and previous students
Steps to request paper copies of Medical Records:
- Print, then complete the Authorization for Release of Health Information form (https://wellness.ucsd.edu/studenthealth/Documents/medical_release.pdf)
- Complete your request with a handwritten signature (electronic or imaged signatures will not be accepted)
- Submit your request to the fax number or mailing address at the top of the form.
SHS Medical Records staff will notify you by e-mail or phone if a fee is incurred. Payment must be made by mail or you may pay in person by credit card.
We maintain records of immunizations that were administered at SHS as well as copies of records you submitted to SHS. However, any immunization records submitted to UCSD Admissions prior to 2016 was not transferred to SHS Medical Records and will therefore not be included in your medical record.
If you have a question about Medical Records, you may e-mail us at: email@example.com. This is not a secure e-mail, so please do not include any personal medical information in your e-mail.