The InBody 270 Biolectrical Impedance Scale calculates a person's percentage of body fat. High body fat percentage is directly correlated with increased risk of obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer. This is NOT recommended for individuals who have a pacemaker or who may be pregnant.
For a more accurate result please follow the suggested instructions:
- Hydrate the day before
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to testing
- Avoid exercising 6-12 hours prior to testing
- Eat 3-4 hours prior to testing
- Avoid using lotion or ointment on your hands and feet
- Try to drink 4 cups of water before your appointment
- Use the bathroom prior to testing
- If you will be menstruating during the time you scheduled your appointment, the results may not be very accurate
The Body Composition Analysis is conducted by a trained peer health educator and requires you to stand barefoot (in light clothing) on a scale. This a 15-20 minute appointment.
You will receive a computer generated analysis with the following information: body weight, body mass index (BMI), percentage of body fat, calculated basal metabolic rate (BMR), fat mass, fat-free mass, and total body water.
NOTE: Registered UCSD students receive one FREE body comp per academic quarter.
You can make an appointment with the
Registered Dietitian for any follow-up concerns you may have by calling (858) 822-5926.
Schedule an Appointment
Body Composition Analysis at SHS is available by appointment (e-mail email@example.com):
- Tuesdays 11:00 & 11:30 a.m.
- Wesnesdays 3:00 & 3:30 p.m.
- Thursdays 2:00 & 2:30 p.m.
- Fridays 9:00 & 9:30 a.m.
Body Composition Analysis at The Zone (in Price Center Plaza) is available on a walk-in basis on:
- Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. (Weeks 2 - 10).