Students participating in one of the 2017 Summer Success Programs or Summer Enrichment Programs at UCSD are eligible to access UCSD Student Health Services (SHS) and UCSD Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Through a special arrangement, some services at SHS and CAPS are provided at no cost.
What programs are included? What are the start end dates?
|For students in the following programs||Summer Access begins/ends|
|Summer Transfer Ahead Research Training (START)||June 19 - September 24|
|Moores Cancer Center Research Internship||June 26 – September 24|
|Academy for the Arts & Humanities||July 3 – September 24|
|Summer Bridge, summer Engineering Institute, Summer Program for Incoming Students (SPIS), Transfer Academy, Triton Edge||August 7 – September 24|
What services are included in the 2017 Summer Access Program?
Student Health Services (SHS)
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Brief psychotherapy and psychiatry services at CAPS – NO COST
- Urgent Care at CAPS – NO COST
What is NOT included in the 2017 Summer Access Program?
Although the following services are not included in this program, students may still receive these services at SHS, however the student is responsible for all charges.
- Laboratory tests drawn at SHS and sent to an outside lab provider
- Special or elective procedures and tests
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Immunizations, supplies and optometry services
- Routine health clearances and administrative exams
- Services obtained outside of SHS or CAPS
- Services not listed under "What is included"
- SHS/CAPS Summer Access IS NOT INSURANCE.
- If you require additional services that are not available at SHS or CAPS, a referral to a community provider may be provided.
- UCSD Summer Access Program does not include SHS or CAPS services at other UC campuses.
- You may obtain an itemized statement of SHS charges to file a claim with your private insurance. Click on "Billing" under Online Services on the SHS web page.