What is "Telehealth" or "Telemedicine"?
Telehealth and Telemedicine are sometimes used interchangeably, and typically encompass the following:
- Online Visits: Real-time, audio-video communication between physicians and patients that are in different locations. Tools include interactive videoconferencing using mobile health (mHealth) applications (apps) on a computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- Remote patient-monitoring tools such as blood pressure monitors, Bluetooth-enabled digital scales, and other wearable devices that can communicate biometric data for review (which may involve the use of mHealth apps).
- Verbal/Audio-only or written communication, including telephone conversations, emails, instant messages, faxes, and online questionnaires (often considered telehealth but not telemedicine)
What Should I Use Telehealth Online Visits For?
There are many options to choose from when deciding on where to go for health care. The table below from American Well can help distinguish where you should go based on the types of conditions you're experiencing as well as the type of provider, average wait time, and average cost most commonly experienced at each of the options.
What are the Benefits of Using Telehealth Online Visits?
There are many benefits to seeing a doctor online, especially when the Student Health Services are closed or your primary care provider's schedule doesn't align well with yours. Here's a few additional key benefits:
- Live, on-demand video doctor visits 24x7/365
- Accessible at home or from anywhere by smartphone, tablet or computer
- Cost is less than or equal to your office visit with medical visits maximum price at $49
- Cost is significantly less than an Emergency Room or Urgent Care visit
- Available in all states with an average wait time of 10 minutes
- Choice of board certified, Anthem network doctors
- Secure and private, HIPAA compliant video visit
- E-prescribing to your pharmacy
- Spanish speaking providers
- Additional services such as psychology, psychaitry, allergy, and more
- Positive experiences by thousands of patients (stats below are from LiveHealth Online 2016 post-visit survey data)
Getting Started: LiveHealth Online Visits
What is LiveHealth Online?
- LiveHealth Online (LHO) is an online medical service available through a website and a mobile application that gives patients 24/7 access to on-demand online video visits (medical).
- It has an urgent care focus and provides convenient access anytime, anywhere in California (even at home!) via smartphone, tablet or computer.
- LHO connects patients with board-certified physicians supporting physical and behavioral health.
- Physicians can electronically prescribe to the member’s pharmacy. Note: Only noncontrolled substances can be prescribed.
- It is available to anyone. Simply create a free account, log in, and see a doctor in minutes.
How do I Access LiveHealth Online?
We've created a step-by-step guide for you below to make accessing LiveHealth Online as simple as possible. To get started you can visit their website (https://livehealthonline.com/) or download their free mobile app. Link to iOS app: Click Here | Link to Android app: Click Here
How Much Does LiveHealth Online Cost?
Medical Online Visits
Copay with UCShip Insurance: FREE with Coupon Code "UCSDMEDICAL" (normally $25)
Other Insurance: Please check with your insurance provider for more information.
No insurance: $49
Other LiveHealth Online Services
You can use the interactive cost calculator at https://livehealthonline.com/pricing/ to view cost of other services with or without insurance by plugging your health plan provider into the tool. This also works for checking cost of medical visits if you have non-UCShip insurance.
Other LiveHealth Online Services Available
For additional information about any of the services provided on this list below please contact LiveHealth Online.