Flu Vaccine - walk in, no appointment needed!
@ SHS Nurses Clinic
Students can obtain flu immunization on a walk-in basis in the Nurses Clinic (see link for hours).
Students with SHIP: FREE
Students waived SHIP or with RAFT: $20.00
- Note, Intranasal mist is not available this year
Flu Vaccine in the Community
You may also be able to obtain a flu shot in the community.
Check this link for availability.
How do I know if I have the flu?
Find out if what you have is a
cold or the flu.
How can I avoid getting the flu?
- Get the flu vaccine.
Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after a sneeze or cough. Use alcohol-based hand cleansers if soap and water is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Frequently wipe down areas, doorknobs, and phones used by multiple people with a disinfectant (Clorox wipes work well)
- Get adequate sleep and exercise, eat healthy meals, and try to reduce stress
- Avoid contact with others you know to be ill. If you must be near others who are ill, keep at least 6 feet distance
Learn more about the flu here: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/keyfacts.htm