- As many as 70% of college students admit to having engaged in sexual activity primarily as a result of being under the influence of alcohol, or to having sex they wouldn't have had if hey had been sober.
- 90% of all campus rapes occur when alcohol has been used by either the assailant or the victim.
- At least one out of five college students abandons safe sex practices when they're drunk, even if they do protect themselves when they're sober.
- One in twelve college males admit to having committed acts that meet the legal definition of rape or acquaintance rape.
- 55% of female students and 75% of male students involved in acquaintance rape admit to having been drinking or using drugs when the incident occurred.
- 60% of college women who are infected with STDs say that they were under the influence of alcohol at the time they had intercourse with the infected person.
- Female college freshman are at the highest risk for sexual assault between the first day of school and Thanksgiving break.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, 1 in 1500 college students is HIV positive, and the fastest growing populations of Americans infected with HIV are teenagers and young adults.
- Source: American Council for Drug Education
Test YourselfTriton Rides
- provides a safe a free, nighttime shuttle service available to UC San Diego students, staff and faculty.
If you have questions or concerns, or call a Health Educator at (858) 534-3874.