All registered domestic and international students are automatically enrolled in the UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP) however there are a few other classes of individuals who may enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis. Those groups are:
- Recently graduated students who were covered by UC SHIP during the prior quarter
- Graduate students who are on an Approved Leave of Absence
- Graduate students who are on a Filing Fee status
- Dependents of students who are enrolled in the UC SHIP
- NOT ELIGIBLE for UCSHIP: Visiting scholars, post-doctoral scholars, alumni (other than recently graduated - see left menu)
Effective Winter 2019, enrollment in the voluntary plan is handled by a third party, Academic Health Plans (AHP). Refer to the left menu selections to learn more about who is eligible and how to enroll in the voluntary plan.