UC San Diego's ongoing commitment to provide quality health insurance coverage for our students has resulted in changes to the Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP) beginning with Fall quarter 2018.
Mobile App for SHIP
Beginning August 2015, UC SHIP replaced paper insurance cards with the new StudentHealth app (by Mobile Health Consumer). Download the mobile app from Google Play or the Apple App Store (search "studenthealth"). More instructions for downloading the new UC SHIP app here.
Premiums 2018-2019 (Health Insurance Fee)
- Undergraduate Students: $657.00 per quarter
- Graduate and Professional Students: $1203 per quarter
The Health Insurance Fee is charged separately for Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and Spring 2019 quarters. The Health Fee for Spring quarter includes coverage through the Summer break, up to the start of Fall quarter.
There are no changes to the prescription benefits for 2018-2019.
The following changes are for the Anthem Blue Cross Medical Plan for 2018-2019.
Transgender benefits: Coverage has been expanded to include certain procedures. Refer to the UC SHIP Benefits booklet for details regarding benefits.
MentalHealth/Substance Abuse benefits
For in-network MHSA inpatient facility charges:
- Current benefit: $500 copay per admission plus 20% coinsurance (after $500 deductible for non-UC Family)
- New benefit: $500 copay per admission plus 5% coinsurance (deductible waived)
For in-network inpatient professional charges:
- Current benefit: 20% coinsurance (after deductible)
- New benefit: 5% coinsurance (after $500 deductible for non-UC Family
There are no changes to the Delta Dental Plan for 2018-2019.
Vision CoverageThere are no changes to the Anthem Blue View Vision Plan for 2018-2019.