Download the StudentHealth app (search "studenthealth") from the Google Play or the Apple App Store (publisher is Mobile Health Consumer, Inc.).
- Fill in all required fields (e.g., student ID, name, date of birth, etc.)
- You will be asked to create a username and password
- Your UCSD student ID should be sufficient. If you seek care outside SHS (for example, if you are given a referral for a specialist), you will be asked to show proof of insurance. Your proof of insurance is your UCSHIP Anthem ID card.
- On the StudentHealth App, your UCSHIP Anthem ID card can be accessed from the "Home" screen under "ID Cards", or from the side bar (accessed by pressing the button in the upper left) under "ID Cards."
- If you have Anthem Blue View vision coverage (optional for undergrads), your Vision ID card can be accessed the same way as the medical ID card.
- Summaries of your benefits for Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, and Vision are available as PDFs, and can be accessed from the "Home" screen under "Plan Benefits", or from the side bar under "Benefits: Descriptions." It is important to know your benefits before seeking care, if at all possible.
Delta Dental app. For dental care, you will need your Delta Dental ID card. This is not available on the Student Health app. Download the Delta Dental app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- You will be asked to login or create an account.
- When you are asked for your member ID, use the identification number on your Anthem ID card without the first three letters (ignore the XDP prefix ).
- Your Delta Dental ID card should be visible from the "Home" screen.
- If you want to print your Delta Dental ID card, you can email it to yourself by pressing "Email ID Card" on the "Home" screen.