Paper ID cards have been replaced by the StudentHealth app which gives you quick and easy access to all your UC SHIP benefits including:
- Your UC SHIP member ID cards
- A description of your UC SHIP plan benefits
- Anthem Blue Cross – for medical claims and other plan benefits
- OptumRx – to manage your prescriptions
- Delta Dental – for dental coverage and claim information
- And much more!
Student Health app
Download the app (search "studenthealth") from Google Play or iTunes (publisher of the app is Mobile Health Consumer, Inc.).
After the UC SHIP app downloads, simply follow these instructions:
- Click "Register Now," and fill in all required fields (e.g., student ID, name, date of birth, etc.)
- You will be asked to create a username and password
- Your UC SHIP Anthem ID card can be accessed from the "Home" screen under "ID Cards", or from the side bar (accessed by pressing the button in the upper left) under "ID Cards." Your Anthem Blue View Vision ID card can be accessed the same way.
- Summaries of your benefits for Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, and Vision are available as PDFs, and can be accessed from the "Home" screen under "Plan Benefits", or from the side bar under "Benefits: Descriptions."
Delta Dental app
For dental care, you will need your Delta Dental ID card. This is not available on the Student Health app. Download the Delta Dental app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- You will be asked to login or create an account.
- When you are asked for your member ID, use the identification number on your Anthem ID card without the first three letters (ignore the XDP prefix).
- Your Delta Dental ID card should be visible from the "Home" screen.
- If you want to print your Delta Dental ID card, you can email it to yourself by pressing "Email ID Card" on the "Home" screen.
- It is important to register so you can also receive notifications about your UC SHIP benefits. It is your responsibility to understand your benefits prior to seeking care. Refer to ucop.edu/ucship for more details regarding your UC SHIP benefits. You may call or email our office with questions.
- Don't have a smartphone or tablet? Access the app using your computer's browser at www.mobilehealthconsumer.com/studenthealth.