The Collegiate Recovery Program at the University of California San Diego (UCSD) provides a safe space and supportive community for students in recovery or seeking recovery from addiction. Students at any stage of recovery and at any point in their academic journeys are welcome. Come engage with other UCSD students, come to a support group meeting, attend a sober social event or just get in the loop about volunteer opportunities and upcoming activities. Recovery works and can be part of a genuine college experience.
University of California San Diego's Collegiate Recovery Community (CRP) offers a positive affirming environment where recovering students can thrive by:
- Removing any barriers to successful academic progression
- Fostering peer support and accountability
- Normalizing the recovery identity on campus
- Providing information, resources, and consultation to students, families, faculty, and staff
- Providing sober social activities on and off campus
The Collegiate Recovery Program has three main ingredients that make it a special place
A community of students in recovery from addiction: All ages and academic levels are welcome, from traditional undergraduates to non-traditional, graduate and professional students.
Recovery-supportive programming: Programming includes student-organized and student-led peer support group meetings (some of which are 12-Step), as well as sober social activities, service opportunities and educational programming. We are always open to student suggestions for new meetings.
Committed people: The Collegiate Recovery Program is run by full-time staff members who are knowledgeable about recovery resources on and off campus. We're here to link you to resources and help you get the support you need. Call us, email us, or just stop by.
The Collegiate Recovery Program at UCSD provides
- A safe space to meet others in recovery
- A place for personal and academic growth
- A place where you can receive support
- A place to have fun
- A place where you can support others in recovery
Expectations of CRP Students
- Attend one (1) campus recovery meeting every week
- Commitment to the CRP
- Attend Celebration of Recovery
- Commitment to Service
The CRP is a recovery program based on social support models & theory. Participants voluntarily agree to respect the confidentiality of others and commit to creating a safe space that is rooted in the principles of recovery.
Recovery Ally Training
Please check back for updates.