LiveHealth Online is Here!
LiveHealth Online is a tele mental health service that allows you to have secure, online video visits with board-certified, licensed mental health professionals about your mental health needs and receive prescriptions.
LiveHealth Online is covered by UC SHIP but is also available to students who have waived UC SHIP for a fee.
NO REFERRAL IS NEEDED! Simply visit LiveHealthOnline.com to sign up. For SHIP covered students, UCSD Student Health and Well-being is offering a coupon code to waive the usual $10 copayment. Use the following coupon codes at each visit "ucsdcounseling" for Psychotherapy or "ucsdpsych" for Psychiatry visits.
- Schedule convenient online therapy appointments and psychiatric consultations
- Video visits with in-network licensed psychologists, therapists and board-certified psychiatrists.
- Continuity of care between online visit practices allow doctors and therapists to refer members if additional support is needed.
- Access (24/7) to self-scheduled appointments.
- Private, easy-to-access and convenient.
- Available in 50 states.
- Access via smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer.
- Hours: Available 24/7 for scheduled appointments.
UC SHIP Enrolled Students:
- Must use coupon code at every visit: "ucsdcounseling" for Psychotherapy or "ucsdpsych" for Psychiatry visits
Non-UCSHIP Enrolled Students:
- Students who have waived UC SHIP will pay for sessions based on the indicated insurance they have.
- If your insurance carrier includes LiveHealth online as a benefit, you will be charged for the co-pay in your plan.
- Students may be able to submit their receipts for services to their insurance companies for partial or full reimbursement (you will need to speak to your insurance company to determine if they will cover any or all of these visits).
- Otherwise, anyone can pay for the services, regardless of insurance.
- Current costs are: $80 per social worker session, $95 per psychologist session and $175 for the initial psychiatrist's evaluation ($75 for follow-up psychiatrist care).
Links to LiveHealth Online Resources: